7/24/16

REVIEW : HOLIKA-HOLIKA GUDETAMA CUSHION


      BRAND      
Holika Holika

      PRODUCT NAME      
Face 2 change Photo Ready Cushion BB

        type of product        
Cushion BB

       shade       
#23 차분한 베이지

      PRICE      
KRW 22.900


        sites        
Holika Holika Website


I don't know if I had said this before but GUDETAMA IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL. I love Gudetama to death, and its creator must be genius.

This time, Holika holika collaborated with Gudetama to launch "Gudetama" collection earlier this year. And I'm beyond excited for the whole collection!!! Most of the products I bought for the sake of self-satisfaction, so I don't have a lot of expectation of the products performance whatsoever.



First on the review is the cushion, as per usual there are 2 shades, 21 and 23, and I chose the darker shade. The cushion came in 3 different design you can choose, and I have the hardest time choosing what I like the best!!




Every details in this product is filled with gudetama! From the cushion puffs, until the secure peel are all filled with gudetama details, which I can't throw away :(

For me, out of the all cushion's character from all other brands, this Gudetama cushion has the best quality. It's heavier and sturdier than other cushions in general. 

Inside the cushion box, you get 1 cushion case with the cushion, and extra refill + puff.






The product itself, comparing to other cushions, Gudetama cushion shade's is slightly grayish. It's like the old BB cream formulation all over again. I never seen any cushion that adapts the old grayish formulation - though some cushion do have brightening effect, they simply just tone down the shade to a fairer shade instead of adding grayish shade to the formulation. 

This cushion have SPF 50+ PA+++ which is more than enough for everyday use. Though it has the grayish shade, it doesn't have white casts on pictures!

TOP : without flash // BOTTOM : with flash

The finish of this cushion is super dewy. 
Unlike other cushions that mostly work better on their own, this cushion works better with primer. I used my Innsifree's Smart Makeup Blender in Long Lasting primer and it increases the cushion longevity and looking nicer at the end of the day! 

My experience with this cushion is actually quite unique. Ok lah, I said that I had 0 expectation but I do expect it to perform good lah I already pay the money for the cushion. Beside, my all time favorite BB cream is from Holika-Holika (It's the Aqua Petit Jelly BB btw) so I do hope it's as good as that BB cream.

My first impression where not as good, I thought the cushion was definitely too fair for me, it made me looked washed out and people will definitely commenting on how weird my foundation shade is bla-bla-bla. BUT after I finished my makeup, the cushion oxidised and became pretty much like my skin shade - I honestly don't see anything weird that I saw when I first applied it.

Then, the day goes on, I did touch up with face powder only to get rid of all the oils, and I went out at night (that's around 8+ hours of application) AND my friends commented how "fresh" my face looks and I was like.. Really? wow this cushion is AHMAZING. Note : I used it with a longlasting primer.

You know how BB cushions or face product in general tend to be uneven at the end of the day? This isn't doing that. Though I see some of my blush and my highlighter, or powder or anything I put over this cushion does disappear, but with a little touch up, I look fresh again!


Of course, this cushion don't have a great pigmentation, but like most cushions, it has a low to medium coverage.


Overall! I love this cushion, I don't think I'll love it but I kept on reaching for it!! I think I'll cry myself to sleep when I ran out of it! 

Soon more Gudetama goodies review'll come up! Stay tune!! 



Where to find me :

tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart
xx

add my LINE@ 
@filiaparamita
(don't forget the @)

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I find there are more gudetama items here https://www.seoulcheap.com/collections/holika-holika-x-gudetama-edition

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a shade 21 in Missha Moisture cushion and after this review I think I'll be buying the one in shade 23 too. Shade 21 makes me look a little more glammed up so I think shade 23 will make me look a little more natural and less made up. I haven't found the right primer for me yet sooo I hope this cushion stills works fine with me. Has it become oily though? Since it's dewy?

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey