11/12/13

REVIEW : Holika-Holika's Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner

Hey-Ho! Today I'm going to review Holika-Holika's Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner(s). I read about them first randomly from Rini Cesilia's blog post HERE and HERE and she gave 5 out of 5!

Honestly I didn't need anymore eyeliners, especially pencil liners because I don't use them a lot, I used them daily for lining my waterline only. But there's one color that I want to purchase which was the "Ballerina Pink" #17, and I stumbled upon Holika-Holika's Gmarket page and found out that they have an event buy 3 for KRW 9.900. So I bought 2 more colors!


Originally retails for KRW 4.900 - it is considerably cheap and they have a lot of colors selection. Plus, Promise Phan from youtube recommends these as Make Up Forever eyeliners dupe.

The colors I bought are #3 Lapiz Lazuli (Navy blue with glitters), #15 Burgundy Janet (Dark brownish burgundy) and #17 Ballerina Pink (Baby pink - matte)


I say they're living up to their claims : water proof, long-lasting, pigmented color, and smudge resistant. Also, they're very creamy and really easy to apply! Sometimes the problem with creamier eye pencil is that it needs to be sharpen all the time, but it's not happening to these! I've been using "Ballerina Pink" for sometime now and I haven't even sharpened it yet! (Yes, these are not retractable, you have to sharpen them)

ABOVE without flash BELOW with flash

I've actually done a test for their smudge proof and water proof qualities, and I thought I have to make a quick video to show you guys. Let them sets for a minute or so and it really does stays!! (Even the glitters aren't going anywhere!). For the water resistant point, I agree they have better water resistant quality than other eyeliners I have, but still, especially the #3 Lapis Lazuli's glitters, some are washed away after a few sweeps. Most of the colors stays though!


As for the colors, they're very pigmented. The "Ballerina Pink" turns out to be pinker than I hope it would - and I like to use it for my lower water line to give that brighter and clearer eyes. Both #3 Lapis Lazuli and #15 Burgundy Janet looks like black/brown from a far and I think I'm really satisfied with my choice! I think both are able to give softer looks but still with an edge (?)

ABOVE without flash BELOW with flash. RIGHT #3 lapis lazuli LEFT #15 burgundy janet. Both lower line is using #17 ballerina pink

Overall, I'm giving these a 4.8 out of 5! These eyeliners are not 100% smudge free for me, as they transfer to my eye bags after a few hours of usage. Especially if I line my upper lid with these only! (like the swatch above - but it's almost never happen, I only use my pen liner to do that daily!) Still, they're very remarkable and I look forward on purchasing more colors and maybe some versatile colors like black or dark brown for an everyday wear! Or maybe I'll try more fun colors because they do have a huge color collection! 

Good job, Holika Holika! :)

quick question here, anybody watched EXO's Running Man??? 헐 대박 I'm very proud of Lay's air time!!! That's freakin' a lot! <3



and I really have to insert this GIF because it's basically my favorite part second to Lay's


all pics are from tumblr! :)


Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart
xx

21 comments:

  1. No 15 is really really my fav, Fil, the color is very pretty XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iya cii it's very good for autumn weather like recently<3 hehehehe thankyou so much loh ce for recommending, if I don't read your blog I wouldn't know hahaa

      Delete
  2. Annyeong!
    This is the girl who ask you for the Mobbit address do you remember it? I've created my own blog, do you want to sponsor each other?? ^^
    Anyways, I've added you too. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure I remember you! :D I've followed you too! Welcome to blogger (?) hahaha :D

      Delete
    2. Yes, thank you! ^^' there's only a slight problem, I'll write all my posts in Portuguese but I think you can use the translator tool in case you want to read some post, ha ha!
      I haven't told you yet, I end sending a letter to Yesung Oppa (to Mobbit as you advised me) I've put the correct address using Hangul characters, I did even printed the address on computer and used stickers just in case no one could understand my hand calligraphy.. but yesterday and after two months the letter came back delivered with the reason 'Unknown. I'm so sad... I have no clue why it came back delivered. T_______________T

      Delete
  3. Annyeong! OMG! These are perfect!! These are the kinds of eyeliners that I'm looking for! You said that it's waterproof, long-lasting, pigmented color, and smudge resistant. I'm sold! I'm definitely going to pick these up in HolikaHolika store next time.
    Oh, I love your blog so much! I discovered your blog cause it's listed on one of my follower's blog and I really found your blog interesting! Are you studying in Korea or what? It must've been wonderful!
    Anyway, Do drop by to my blog and I would love if we could follow each other.
    xx, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mira! Thankyou so much for coming by to my blog :") I've checked out your blog too and you have a great one! (I've followed you too btw). Yes, I'm currently studying in Korea ehehee
      Definitely tell me what you think if you do get these! :DD

      Delete
  4. I also have the navy, gold, silver, and olive. I love them, but I love olive one the most. The Burgundy Janet and Ballerina Pink looks pretty too >.<

    www.nellanelwan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. olive! that's new! I might get back and get some more >_< I'm researching here and there for colors I should pick up lol

      Delete
  5. Pretty colors! Look great on you :) Sadly I cannot use pencil liners because they always give me panda eyes no matter how smudge-proof they claim to be :( Followed you! Mind following each other? :D

    blushindaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's bad :( I also have some problems with smudging so I used these only on my waterline! I've followed you :P your blog is so cool!

      Delete
  6. This is my favourite pencil eyeliner :)
    I've reviewed them here before http://meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com/2013/09/holika-holika-jewel-light-water-proof.html ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool post! Now I'm really interested to buy the shimmery light colors for my inner corner too! hehe cool blog I've followed you :p

      Delete
  7. I don't like pencil type eyeliner exactly, it always gone too fast :( since my skin is oily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha maybe try this one and see how you like them?? :D I do have oily skin too that's why these are not 100% smudge proof for me :(

      Delete
  8. These were actually one of my favourite, favourite eyeliners! I LOVE them, even though they're not 100% smudge proof for me either. *o* Arughhhh. <3 I actually want all the colours hehe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Me *secretly* want all of them too! The color variations made me want to be creative with my eye makeup! Thankyou June for coming by! XD

      Delete
  9. Hi o just got thwm i have a question it does it have exp date or what so?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually Korean brands product have a production date, but these eyeliners didn't seems to have one printed on O_O could be on the plastic but I didn't have it anymore.. But pencil eyeliners could stay up to 3-5 years as long as you keep it clean and sharpen them! Hope that it helps! <3

      Delete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey