11/18/13

REVIEW : Missha M Perfect Cover B.B Cream

Yellow! Today I'm going to review a BB cream that have been around for some time, and I'm sure a lot of people tried and liked this BB cream! (Oh Oh! It's my 200th post! lol)




It's Missha M Perfect Cover B.B Cream. Mine is in shade No.23 and I got it in the 20ml size, which is the travel size. The small one that I have retails for KRW 7.800 and the regular size retails for KRW 15.800. The small one only contain 20ml of product as I stated before, but the regular one have 50ml of product, however the travel size's price is almost half of the regular size.

So..choose wisely? I have a handful lots of BB cream myself (I actually purchased two BB creams from Missha..), so I didn't need anymore but I really wanted to try it! Both can be purchased in Missha store.



Anyway, the regular size ones come with a pump, but the small travel size come only in a tube. They're small, but not super tiny, and perfect for travel. If you're already a fan of the BB cream, I suggest you might want to have the small one for back up only for travel purposes!


This BB cream contain SPF 42 PA+++ and mainly focusing on brightening and anti-wrinkle. Here's the English part of the description :

"Missha M Perfect Cover B.B Cream offers a novel skincare concept with B.B cream, which lightens skin tone by healing visible wrinkles and blemishes with excellent skin-cover ability and prevents skin aging through effective whitening and anti-wrinkle properties."

There's definitely nothing fancy about the packaging, but I really like the way they have small sizes for their BB creams. In the store, I saw most of all their BB cream product have the 'small' size, but in the reality it's not even available, except for the Perfect Cover B.B cream (this one), which is suck. 


I see that it has a grayish undertone that supposedly works well for 'brightening' your skin. Honestly I hate BB creams that have grayish undertone, because sometime it left my face with some white cast or looking very pale. Luckily this BB cream blends really well to my skin! So it did erases my redness and make my face a little bit brighter.

This BB cream is on the lighter side too. It didn't felt heavy on my face. I also found that this BB cream doesn't really settles into my smile line as harsh as other 'cover' BB cream. Maybe because of its light application or maybe the 'magic' of the anti-wrinkle properties? Only God knows. 

For me who have a super oily skin, I can't wear this BB cream alone and expect it to last on my face all day. I need supports (primer + setting powder) to make this BB cream stays all day and definitely touching up after 3-4 hours application is a must. 

This BB cream promotes 'Perfect Cover' but I think its coverage isn't the most amazing. Of course you can layered it up, but I see just a little improvement after layering up. Concealer is definitely needed to make your face flawlessly good when using this BB cream.

Shades selection is a forever BB creams problem, and this BB cream is too. Out of 3 shades available, the one I'm using is the darkest shade and it still makes my face look brighter. I usually go with the middle shade, but this time as it has a grayish under tone, I have to go to a shade darker because I don't want to look super pale!

UP without anything DOWN one layer of BB cream


              O V E R A L L              

I understand why a lot of people love this BB cream! I myself didn't hate it, but its definitely not the best-wonder-making BB cream for me. I think this BB cream is more suitable for people with drier skin. I realized recently newer BB cream didn't even have grayish under tone anymore, but this one is a classic(?) one so.... grayish tone! As long as you picked the right shade, I'm sure it won't make your face look pale or worse, gray

I do enjoy using this for daily usage because it's so light. But I think I'm going to keep it for the time being to save up for travel! I wish all BB creams come in a travel size. That would be perfect! 

Have you every tried this BB cream? What do you think?

P.S kudos to Belinda/Matilda from Qorea that informed me that this product contain "Mineral Oil" that could be a deal-breaker for some people. Also after some results, it does contain two types of Paraben - I personally don't have sensitive skin and mineral oils / paraben didn't effect me in anyway. So please keep this noted before purchasing! 

P.S.S kudos to Bethany, she informed me that this BB cream also come in shade 27 & 31 for darker skin tones - but after a few searches I'm quite sure that those colors only available internationally! check them on misshaus.com 


Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart
xx

31 comments:

  1. As much as im curious abt this bb cream, i always try my best to avoid buying it bc this contains mineral oil (ive mentioned this lots of times) im one of those girls who doesnt want to take a risk lol

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Belinda / Matilda!! Thankyou for your comment, I've updated my post! I did a few research and this BB cream also contain two types of paraben, apparently :S
      And I think I should inform this to the readers too! :))

      Delete
  2. Aku lagi galau nih beli missha perfect cover atau lioele triple solution, which one better ci?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you're oily / combination, then definitely go for lioele's! I believe Lioele's triple solution only come in one shade.. tapi kamu putih pasti shadenya masuk lah yah! :D
      but that's just my opinion! :p

      Delete
    2. Ci2 pernah coba? Review dong :D

      Delete
  3. That mineral oil is kind of a deal breaker to me :( I mean I'm not allergic to it but I have sensitive skin and don't really wanna risk it... I've heard lots of raves about this but dunno if its worth a try. Thanks for the review!

    blushindaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you shouldn't! I didn't even know that this BB cream contain mineral oils and paraben - I got to do more research now. Fortunately it didn't effect much to my skin!

      Delete
  4. I second +Stella R. I really want to get this after hearing so much about it but no, the mineral oil is a deal breaker for me.
    Anyway thanks for sharing this, dear! ^__^
    xx, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I didn't even know about the mineral oils and luckily it didn't effect much for me! Fiuh!

      Delete
  5. I have tried this before and I have to say that I really son't like the grey tone it makes me look like a ghost. =_= nice review!!

    Justsoapril.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just informed that this BB creams also come in 27 and 31 for darker skin tone (and they even have no grayish tone!) If you like the formulation on this BB cream, then you might want to check those shade out! :D

      Thankyou April!

      Delete
  6. I'm past BB and CC creams because they have that greyish which just makes my face look ghostly. But I'm surprised this one is more yellow toned! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the grayish tone is definitely not as harsh as other bb creams! haha

      Delete
  7. This is my favourite BB cream. *w* I'm kind of oily but it actually works fairly well for me. I think there are more than 3 shades? 31 is tan beige and 27 is honey beige, but they're probably harder to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bethany! Thankyou for your visit and the info! I tried to look up the darker shades and I think they're only available internationally because I cant find those in Missha stores here in Korea! I did found them on the US site tho! Thankyou so much<3

      Delete
  8. Hey! is me, again kekeke.... I'm so sorry for bother you but I'm wondering if could be a chance of I send YOU my letter and you drop it by Mobbit or WhyStyle mail box in a time soon?
    I've send a private message to these two places in order to know the correct address but none has answer me T______T !!!!! I really could like to deliver my letter to Yesung-Oppa.... (puppy eyes) and it doesn't need to be delivered right away but it needs to be delievered safely.
    Can you please help me ELF?

    I leave you my email in case you can in fact help me on this.... please contact: susanapatricio86@gmail.com.

    THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE. <333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sayuri! You know I'm currently residing in Busan and I do have a plan to go to Seoul near Christmas but it's still not fixed yet :( And I've read your blog post about your letters, I'm really sorry to hear that and I don't really get it where it go wrong!

      I would totally love to help you, but if you're going to send your mail through me, then you have to be patient because I could only directly send your letters by the end of this year.. If you're ok with that I'm would really love to help, and you could reply this comment to my email so that I could give you my address! filiaparamita@gmail.com

      Delete
  9. haven't tried this infamous BB Cream..
    but yeah i'm so into cushion thing now, Fil. hahhaa..
    many review said that this has grey undertone ._.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! But it's also oxidizes quite quicklyyyy :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the review! I received a sample of this a while ago and didn't particularly like the grey undertone. I also have quite oily skin, and it's really hard finding a matte BB cream these days.

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
  11. UAE VISA FOR BANGLADESHIMay 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM

    Thank you so much for the great information

    Your blog has really good reviews of the creams that I am looking for

    Snail Snail White cream is one the best cream out there to try on Women face for reforming new skin, acne free and other good results from snail white cream

    Snail White Cream Review

    ReplyDelete
  12. not going to get this sure thx you <3 u should try Fairydrop bb cream The best so far for my oily and blemished skin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fairydrop bb cream?? Is that japanese product? Like the one that made mascaras?? Hahaha ok i should check on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes the same brand with Mascara <3 please check it out

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sure! I have to find where to buy it first thou :"))

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've got a question about the shades: I'm quite pale, so shade no. 13
    would probably be the best fit. However, when I went to a Missha store
    and asked the sales assistant about this shade (since I couldn't find it
    in the store), she seemed utterly confused and didn't really know what I
    was talking about.

    So, could it be that this shade is an
    online-exclusive? Or maybe they only sell it at larger Missha stores? Or
    in department stores? I really have no clue, but I hope you know more
    about this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It would be really helps if you state where you live, but anyhoo! Shade #13 is not online exclusive and it suppose to be available everywhere!


    Maybe you could address the shade name instead? It's "Milky Beige" or just ask to see the sample of the lightest color (13 is the lightest color) and see if that matches your skin tone :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. does the ingredients include mineral oil and parabens?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Actually it doesn't stay gray. Wait a few minutes and it turns into your skin color! That's really common among asian BB creams, among many new ones as well, not just the "classic" ones. Perhaps you are referring to the western BB creams that aren't gray - but most western ones aren't even real BB creams unfortunately, they're just tinted moisturizers. Most Korean BB creams are gray upon application and ten adjust to skin tone. Japanese ones tend to be pretty yellow. Taiwanese ones can go either way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Actually it doesn't stay gray. Wait a few minutes and it turns into your skin color! That's really common among asian BB creams, among many new ones as well, not just the "classic" ones. Perhaps you are referring to the newer western BB creams that aren't gray - but most western ones aren't even real BB creams unfortunately, they're just tinted moisturizers. Most Korean BB creams are gray upon application and then adjust to skin tone. Japanese ones tend to be pretty yellow. Taiwanese ones can go either way.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey