8/30/13

REVIEW : Innisfree's No-Sebum Mineral Powder


Ever since I posted about 3CE's blotting powder review, some people recommend me to try this product for setting makeups. This is Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder. Retail for KRW 6.000 and I bought it in the store. Apparently this product also listed as one of Innisfree's best seller.

'No-Sebum' means Oil-free, you may notice that the word 'sebum' comes a lot in Korean makeup description. It's a dermatologic word for oil that is on our face / hair to keep our skins moisturized.

As I stated before in my 3CE's post, I did hesitant to pick it up because -- I super hate the packaging. I know it's cheap but doesn't mean the packaging should look any cheaper. But I did buy it in the end (because my mom paid for this. kkk)


Innisfree is famous for their natural and organic ingredients, and definitely one of my favorite Korean brand. This powder have two types, the loose one and the pact (powder pact retails for KRW 10.000). I saw a lot of beauty gurus / bloggers said this is their HG for korean brand's powder and very good for people with oily / combination skin.

The product also includes a puff (I lost it before I could take the picture) and also come with a protective stickers over the powder holes. The powder comes only with one color, white, which I believe to be translucent so that'll match everyone skin tones.



The powder is very fine and light. I found that applying them with fluffy brush is not enough, i like to apply them with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and dap it all over for more concentrated application.

Some people said they liked the size of the powder, because it easier for them to bring for travel and touch ups (the powder pact, not this one I suppose). So I bought this product in Seoul, I opened the seal and use it, put them back to my makeup pouch. Then when I got home, the fine powders got everywhere, the worse? The powder was so fine, even the packaging itself can't keep them inside perfectly. I tried to really close them up and shake them, and it still gets to the sides, and the time you open it up the powder flew everywhere.

Banila Co.'s translucent powder has a secure lock, and it covers the holes so that the powders don't flew everywhere. That is one thing I like more from Banila Co's translucent powder.

Here's the swatch of the product :


TOP before powder application | BELOW after powder application

The powder may seem really white, but this powder is seriously the finest powder I ever own. It instantly mattifies anything you put before. And honestly, I kept on reaching this product more and more, more than my other translucent powders. 

Still, in the summer this No-sebum powder is not enough for me, I layered some more pressed powder on my T-zone and my forehead area. It still does a great job on mattifying your skin considering most of Korean brand product is targeted for dry skin, searching for a good product for oily / combination skin is a challenge itself. 

So? I say this product had exceed my expectation. I see now why a lot of people raved about it! Moreover its cheaper than other similar product I discover. 



Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to say but I'd rather blot with tissue which costs 2 dollars.................

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I did not use this powder to blot my face tho, i use it to set my makeup :p

      Delete
  2. I bought this a year ago, and I still have a lot of product - a little goes a long way with this! I'm just scared it's expired now that it's been a year, so I have to get a new one soon, I think. xD

    But I'm definitely in love with this powder! It's very, very fine and kind of "poofs" in the air when I open it, but oh well. I likey! :D <3 Thanks for the review, Filia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ty for the review ! i was wondering whether i should purchase it or not and this review gave me a good idea on it . :D

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey