8/31/13

REVIEW : Etude House &Rose - Flowering Eyes Palette


Hello! Today I'm going to review something that I've been eyeing for a while (before it was even released. This is a rare happening for me) It's Etude House's Fall 2013 Collection &Rose's Flowering Eyes eyeshadow palette! Retail for KRW 20.000 - I only got like KRW 850 discount ._. I bought them in store and it's a new product so yeah, no discount or such as that.


Looking at the promotion pictures, the &rose collection is definitely screams fall, dark-vampy lips, deep tone colors, all I like! Enough with summer, I want to wear my sweaters!!!

The description on the back stated : "This is a eyeshadow palette that comes with 10 colors that deliver alluring rosy eyes as if petals are gently placed onto eyelids" - considering there's a typo there, I can't take that seriously, but who needs informative description for an eyeshadow palette!



Etude House's packaging is definitely not my cup of tea, but I know a lot of people bought their products for its cute packaging! Inspired by blooming roses, the main color of the product is pale pink, with lace motives all over. Can't say that I liked it, but anyway!

Inside there's a plastic cover with, of course, lace all over. And hey! big mirror! That's a good plus! The palette also comes with 2 sponge applicator, both have narrower and wider end so it's quite good even though I don't use them.



The colors itself varies from brown toned to plum, even dark red! The finishes also varies from glitters to matte, that is something that I don't expect. A lot of Etude House's Palettes have only sparkles, glitters, anything shiny (which I hate) so its really nice to have a mixed in matte and satin finish here! It's also one of the reasons I got this palette btw, matte finishes! :D

The sizes of each eyeshadows are quite big. I say this palette is a little bit overpriced, especially knowing Etude House is a brand that usually have a lower price range.

Each name of the shadows are printed on the back of the case!

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT : Falling | Fade | Innocent 
Delight | Pure | Romance | Blossom | Petal | Gloomy | Poison 

Color Description:

Falling : (Frost - Glitters) Dark Coppery Brown
Fade : (Matte) Grayish Cool Light Tan
Innocent : (Matte) Light Cream
Delight : (Frost) Peachy Light Pink
Pure : (Frost - Glitters) Frosty White with Gold Glitters
Romance : (Frost) Pastel Pink
Blossom : (Matte) Burgundy Red
Petal : (Matte) Light Peachy Tan
Gloomy : (Matte) Deep Purple Mauve
Poison : (Satin) Dark Plum

I think Etude House did a great job mixing the colors, personally I liked 'Fade', 'Gloomy' and 'Poison' the best and 'Pure', 'Romance' the least. The pigmentation of the shadows are great, some did a better job than the other. The matte finishes have a greater pigmentation than the other finishes, though the deeper color still come really pigmented comparing to the lighter colors.

The color that I was amazed the most was 'Blossom'! Not only it's a rare color to begin with, the pigmentation was great and it glides smoothly (the other too!). I like to mixed in 'Poison' with 'Blossom' so it became more wearable.

The staying power is amazing. It managed to stay all day with out creasing (with no primer!) though some colors need some primer for more vivid application. I can't say that it's 'fallout' free but definitely it had less fallouts comparing to other Etude House's eyeshadow products.


I tried to make a look with this eyeshadow palette and I'm satisfied! Overall, I love most of the color and it can be used any time of the season, day or night. The pigmentation was good, the staying power was great!

Some of the colors are out of place in my opinion, for example the peachy pink 'Delight' is too bright for rest of the colors, but then again this palette is usable for anytime of the year. If you're looking for a plumy neutral palette and the price range suits you, then try to check this one out!

I can totally see myself rocking looks from this eyeshadow palette through out autumn! :D
Thankyou for reading! xx




Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart

34 comments:

  1. filliaaa..racunnya ga abis abis :'))) tapi seneng diracunin kamu. produknya oke oke hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahha! makasih! aku juga teracuni dengan sangattt makanya nafsu beli ini :"))

      Delete
  2. Keren nih sista...
    PO apa beli langsung nih,infonya dong :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haii :) aku beli langsung.. karena aku tinggal di korea juga jadi aku beli langsung in store hehe

      Delete
  3. racunnya sungguh menggoda, timpuk cece karena nebar racun ;^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *timpuk racun terus* ahaha thankyou for reading! :D

      Delete
  4. ive only got one etude house eyeshadow and totally hated it
    i swear by it that i would never buy etude house eyeshadows again as it has lots of chunks of gigantic glitters! the fallouts is no joke too
    they seems to improve it with this? 20 bucks for etude house eyeshadows.......................................................

    i'd rather buy drugstore brand that has the same price with better quality #sorry2sayetudehouse

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hated Etude House Eyeshadows before, but they definitely improves their quality. I know there's definitely cheaper and better drugstore eyeshadows, but I live in Korea where NYX palettes cost 30 bucks :/ so yeah...

      Delete
  5. ah. naksir sama palette ini. enaknya tinggal di Korea bisa langsung dapet produk terbarunya. racun2 :p

    beautifyiu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Racun XD
    Warnanya menggoda XD

    http://barbie-kawaii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. enaknya tinggal di koleaaaa >,<
    warnanya pigmen sekali ya, racuuuunn!

    girlsweethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh nooo,,,ini yg dr kemarin aku mau,,begitu lihat swatchnya jd makin kepengen (>_<) *intip2 dompet* huhuhuhu

    misseharascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for these swatches. <3 Been waiting to get a better look at this palette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ini msh baru yaa? di spore belom liat masa ;-; woaa totally love the blossom color! im thinking to buy new eyeshadow...pengen naked tp rada mahal *sigh

    xx,bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! Etude's fall 2013 collection ;;) well, menurut aku sih masih ok-an naked! hahaha beli gih naked! ;;) *meracuni

      Delete
  11. so lucky for you to live in Korea!! I just ordered them few days ago when it is available online :D
    Anyway, nice review of them!Can't wait to try it myself :)

    marvelikalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. arghh i want to buy one. i hope it's available in spore. i love your reviews btw :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I hope it got released soon! All the collection is kinda different with all other Etude products out there (talking about the color collection) which i totally love!

      Delete
  13. The colors look lovely and I like the wide range of different tones infused in this palette. :)
    Falling and Blossom has got to be my favorite out of the bunch. :D

    http://ohsowai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. looking forward to buy this.. thank God I found your nice & detailed review!^^
    new follower here, salam kenal :)
    cloverina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou and nice to meet you! welcome to the crib :p

      Delete
  15. ohh I was wondering whether to get this palette or not and thanks to you I know I have to! :D and you look so pretty!
    ~moon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh amazing :) look so beautiful and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank u for your review cuz after reading it I decided to buy this palette ytd. No regret at all. I love the colors selection (that's why ive been eyeing it b4 reading ur review) <3 I never experienced disappointment with Etude House's eyeshadows before cuz i bought them at store where I can swatch the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I sooo wanted to get this palette but i was waiting for reviews to come out and now they're totally out of stock from the online shop i usually buy from! It's so prettyyyyyyyyyy aaahhhhh :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love your eye look, very beautiful!^^ I totally have to get this palette!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cantik cantikkkk warnanya! seneng bgt tau ada yg matte. Jd tambah mau beliiiiiiiii... hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  21. the best review I see... :>

    ReplyDelete
  22. Omg, I want this palette so badly Filia! D: Thanks so much for the review, the pretty swatches and the pretty pictures! So into this - but it's sold out everywhere ARGHHH~ T-T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow June thankyou for visiting my blog! I hope you can get your hands on this palette asap! :D

      Delete
  23. This is amasing! Thank you very much for your review and the make up was also nice!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Please I want buy this palette. I am from Spain. I dont find it in online stores. Can somebody help me and tell me same store to buy it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey