4/23/14

REVIEW : Innisfree' Smart Foundation (Long Lasting & Perfect Cover)


Hello! Finally I sat down to write this review. It's also my unique kinda way to make reason for not studying my mid term! Anyway, this is my review for Innisfree's Smart Foundation!

Comes in 4 different type of foundation and 1 primer, these new foundation line from Innisfree very unique. After being featured in Pony's Beauty Diary video (which I know it's 100% PR video), I'm still interested to try and here I am!




As she explained in the video, the foundations came in smaller sizes than regular foundations. The reason is because usually people tend to change their foundation routines (well, people living in atleast 4 seasons country I guess.) and they'll end up with foundations left unused and got thrown away. So, with smaller amount of foundation, it will reduce the chance of being thrown away because you'll probably will be out of it when the season changes, and you can go out and buy foundation that match the season & your skin condition.

<For example, you are more likely to purchase moisturising foundation in the winter with lighter tone, and long lasting foundation in the summer in darker color. just to match up with the season and your skin skin condition that most likely to be drastically different between the 2 season!>


The foundations comes in 4 lines, with 3 shades each. Super Moisture, Water Balance, Perfect Cover, and Long-Lasting. Since I have a oily-combination skin, I decided to buy 2 that might match my skin better. Mine is all in the darkest shade, #23 (There's #13, #21, #23 - I'm MAC NC25)



      BRAND      
innisfree 

      PRODUCT NAME      
smart foundation (in perfect cover and longlasting)

      type of product      
liquid foundation

       shade       
#23 true beige

      PRICE      
KRW 5.500

      sites      
innisfree official site
long lasting  |  perfect cover

Real small isn't it. fyi I do have quite long fingers. but you know my point is! 


Both come in squeeze tube, and in very compact size. They have 15ml amount of foundation, half of most foundations have in normal (most have 30ml / 1 fluid oz). Both have simple packaging and just overall have a 'modern' feeling to it - might be the shade of grays, anw I always love simplicity so there you go. 

Both also stating to have anti-UV, whitening effect and anti-wrinkle effects. Also both contain Jeju Mineral Powder and Jeju Green-tea extract, which are Innisfree's top ingredients.


So, I'm going to start the review on "Perfecr Cover" first! 



The "Perfect Cover" has SPF 33 PA+++ and has this herbal scent that's really identifies Innisfree's products. Also the packaging also states to has perfect coverage, long-lasting and smooth fit. 

"A high coverage foundation formulated to perfectly conceal skin imperfections 
while leaving your skin with a dewy finish"



This foundation turns out to have a semi matte finish, not exactly super dewy, and after a while the scent still lingers. It does shine a bit, but definitely didn't have over sticky feeling. It felt quite light-weight on the skin too.

The thing that I realised after I used this foundation is the finish, it's looks very, very smooth. It looks like my skin is 'porcelainated' if I could make up my own word. My skin turns to doll skin like, maybe because of the light slightly reflects too. The foundation almost covers all my blemishes perfectly, only I still need more concealer for my under eye area. (I have a very bad case of dark circle.)

"PERFECT COVER" on my face

Sadly, like most Innisfree products, I found that the 'perfect' finish didn't last long enough for me. I see 3-4 hours after application the blemishes it covered earlier magically appears again. Fyi again, I always wear my primer + powder because I have a pretty oily skin.


The shade #23 is an exact match for me, though my friend commented that my skin looks too 'flat' with this foundation (she's a makeup-junkie too, so I guess I could totally believe in her) but it totally matched my neck area. Maybe I have to do my highlighting more with this foundation. 

Next is the "Long-Lasting" foundation! 



The "Long-Lasting" foundation have a slight less SPF compared to the "Perfect Cover", it has SPF 30 PA++. It states that the foundation is long lasting, smooth fit, and have natural coverage. It does have a similar scent to the other foundation. 

"A long lasting foundation formulated to encourage excellent adherence 
to your complexion while leaving your skin looking smooth and sleek all day"



With the word 'long lasting' I though that this will be 'matte' (duh) - but turns out it's a little more dewy than the "Perfect Cover" one. But nothing powder can't fix, am I right? 

Now the major problem I found in this foundation that it tends to get a little 'sticky' after application, and it makes powder product such as blusher / bronzer applied over the foundation looks patchy and blotchy, it's just really to blend them out! But the stickiness could be reduced by applying the product with hands, so I'll recommend you that way of application.

"LONG LASTING" foundation on my face

I just realised looking the the before-after picture side-by-side that both foundation didn't look much different. But I can assure you that the in real-life the "Long Lasting" one has more sheer coverage than the "Perfect Cover". "Long Lasting" also has more light weight feeling because it's watery.

For the lasting power, yeah it did stays on all day. I like that part, but I hate the fact that I have to work twice as hard to blend my bronzer over it :( 



Also the big difference between them two is their consistency, "Perfect Cover" have more creamy, heavier consistency while the "Long Lasting" one seems to have more watery consistency. Also in the swatch it looks like they have a heavy orange-tone there, but once blended it won't be orangey at all, so no worry!



So, the conclusion? If you're looking for a foundation (or maybe not) you can skip this foundation. Yes. Skip it. It's not even that good, though you can make it better, it just going to waste your time anyway. But if you're really curious, then go ahead a try them! It's relatively more affordable than other foundations, at least it'll last you shorter because of the mini size - so you won't regret it long enough. 

I found that this foundation look the best only until 2 hours of applications - the rest of the day? It looks meh. Though I really happy with the concept, sadly it just didn't work as well.

Or maybe try the other 2 and the primer one! :D 

#fotd with the smart foundations (I mixed them)

One way to make it better (that I use almost every time I try to use up this foundation) is to mix them. Yes. Like Pony did in her video, I found that this foundation is 2x better mixed together. That way it'll produce more coverage, and stays longer! :p

Thankyou so much for reading! xx


Where to find me :

tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart // dayre
xx

5 comments:

  1. this foundation looks good on you fil! it covers your blemishes too, but maybe cause I have worst blemishes haha <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thiking about buying this foundation because it's small and cheap, because I just make up once a month when I go to the convention. Does it double better when mixed :D I'm have a very oily skin but still want a high cover bb cream so I don't know what to choose >"<

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does work better when mixed! Outside the small packaging and the cheap price, I don't think I can state another good side because I think this foundation is not that good :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am wondering if you could compare this shade to the laneige bb cushion in no.23 sand beige? is it the match color between these two?

    ReplyDelete
  5. laneige #23 is darker than innisfree's #23, if your skin matches innisfree #23, go with laneige's #21 or innisfree's #23 is too bright for your skin, go with laneige's #23

    comparison swatch : http://mysugarcoffee.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-laneiges-bb-cushion-pore-control.html

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey