5/15/14

REVIEW : Laneige "Skin Veil" Foundation #23

(Oh yeah I'm on a rooollllll baby!) 

Yes, today I'm going to review a foundation I got sometime ago - the Laneige "Skin Veil" Foundation in #23


      BRAND      
Laneige

      PRODUCT NAME      
"Skin Veil"

      type of product      
Liquid foundation


      shade      
#23 Sand Beige

      PRICE      
KRW 27.000

      sites      
laneige official site




I think Laneige have this very simple, classic packaging - that goes really well with its concept. And as a brand that does have higher price range I think it does important to look more 'expensive' with the packaging. 

Anyway, there's only 3 shades available in the Korean website (#13, #25, #23) but in the description paper inside the box there's 7 shades that actually available? (#10, #13, #21, #23, #25, #31, #33) Well, I don't really know about that because there's also only 3 shades available in the store. 





There's no English description anywhere, not like the skincare line where's a full information about the products in 3 more languages. Maybe the word foundation is self explanatory, but anyway. This foundation has SPF of 26 PA+, and OH the full name of this product is Skin Veil OIL FREE Foundation - I think I just remember why I purchased this foundation! 

There's a slight fresh scent to it and I quite like the scent. I never tried other Laneige face product so I'm not sure if it shares similar scent to other products too. 


It came with a pump, that works perfectly well. I usually used a pump and a half (max). I like to work lightly with this foundation because I found that it's take a long time for this thing to actually set on your skin. And even with powder (A lot of powder, and primer too!) this product have a serious transferring issue - I'm not even kidding. 

Especially after some time, when my skin starts to get oily, and when I unconsciously touched my face / nose, suddenly my finger left some marks on my freakin' book! That's totally uncool. The foundation feels like it didn't really absorbed to your skin if you know what I mean...

The lasting power is not awesome either - I thank my primer for its help! I started to see unpleasing oil on my nose atleast 4 hours after application. Well, I have a very t-zone area, almost no foundation could go 'not-oily' on my face for the whole day.


As for the coverage, I'll say it could go from low to medium, and I might as well warn you that the coverage is not buildable. I blame the setting time that could take forever - even if you layered the product it won't drastically change the coverage. 

It sets to a semi-matte, not exactly dewy, and I definitely still need powder! The shade #23 is a very good match with my NC25 skin tone - though sometimes it could make my face looks a little bit dull because it makes my face go matchy-matchy with my neck. I see some Korean in the website that complains about how the shade go a little bit darker than the 'normal' #23 or #13 shade

I took this pic at the end of the day, I probably wore the foundation for 6+ hours already.

Overall, as my skin condition is great lately, I like to use this for daily look. The coverage is not the best (but considering I don't need much for daily) and the transferring does get in the way, but as long as you're (i'm) careful not to touch my face, I think it's an ok product! 

I don't really recommend this for people with super oily skin, I'm really thankful for my primer because it helps me A LOT. Seriously, Laneige should just erase the 'oil-free' part from its name. (Also some Koreans complained about the lasting power in the comment section, I guess it's mainly because of how much it's transferring everywhere.) 

Despite of all the bad points, recently I find myself using these more, maybe because my skin is in its good side lately <3 I'll carefully say that's all because of my new cleansing foam :")


Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart // dayre
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey