6/22/14

REVIEW : 3CE's Pore Velvet Primer

Hey ya!

Remember my 3CE's June Haul post? There I put a poll asking you guys which product I should review first - and here's the result :


Thankyou so much for participating in my poll! <3 and for the next 4 days, I'm going to review the products and upload it following the poll results. So here's the first one to go, 3CE's Pore Velvet Primer!


      BRAND      
3 Concept Eyes

      PRODUCT NAME      
"Pore Velvet Primer"

      type of product      
Cream  face primer

      PRICE      
19.5g / KRW 18.500

      sites      
en style nanda


images taken from Stylenanda.com




You might have read my previous review post about a pretty similar product from 3CE's, the Pore Silky Balm, and you'll know that the one I really wanted was the Pore Velvet Primer. I was really impressed with the Pore Silky Balm - and I know I pretty much don't need the velvet one... but but... I'm really really curious about this and I got it anyway. 

The jar looked like it's a glass jar - but I believe it's plastic, and it has matte coating. I like the fact that the packaging is plastic, because it's not as heavy as glass but it's still looks the pretty much the same. I love how 3CE is always considerate about the packaging, it's simple and classy, very reflective to the price that you've actually paid for this. Once you broke the seal, it can not be refund / return, so keep that in mind, online shoppers! 

Again, as many people would say too, the product is smaller than I thought it would be. Maybe the model's faces are just too small and made the product looks....big. (sigh)



The jar came with a screw cap, so it's safe & tight. Products in jar means someone will totally have a hygiene issue. It didn't came with any sponges / applicator at all. I kinda wonder why the plastic separator is even included, because the primer texture itself sticks pretty well to the jar, so the product didn't even sticks to the cap. 

BUT I didn't recommend to store it upside down for a long time. Because the first time I opened it, I kinda tap the jar while I turn it upside down to take off the plastic separator AND THE WHOLE PRODUCT JUST CAME OUT. I was like WTFFFF but I keep my cool and put the freaking whole product back. After that I kinda press it to make sure it won't came out again. 

LEFT before application RIGHT after application

First, all 3 claims above are pretty much, true! The product has a creamy mousse texture, very easy to blend. When applied, it seems like to absorb any oil and moisture on the skin, providing smooth velvet canvas for your next face product. It also provide a little coverage. In the picture my skin looked pretty 'pink'-ed, maybe because the product is pink. But in reality it's not that pink - and once layered with face products the pink tone is gone completely. 

The most important part, it does smooth out pores and any roughness visible! And when 1 layer is not enough, it's buildable but when it's too much, the thickness is kinda see through the skin. Since it didn't came with any applicator, I suggest 3CE is expecting us to use our fingers to apply it. But the best method I find to apply it is with a foundation brush!

Just make sure you use different brush for the primer and for your foundation, if not, the foundation that sticks into the brush will 100% sticks into the primer. And that's not going to be good.

My skin is on the oily side, and this product really helped to absorb any excess oil / shininess before makeup, and that's helped any makeup applied after all to stay during the day. After all, excess oil is the cause of melting / erased makeup. It held my oil for a good 4-5 hours then my face looks shiny again. 



Smooths out skin
Velvet finish
Absorbs excess oil and moisture
Easy to blend
Buildable
Light weight
Simple, sturdy packaging


No applicator included
Might be too drying for some



Now it's time to compare these two items! I guess people are going to ask about this anyway, so I'm going to briefly compare these two and you'll see which one more suitable for your skin type, needs and wants! 


And for the other stuffs, I personally thing the Velvet Primer blends better and easier to layer than the Silky Balm. Other than the difference between the products consistency that's kinda obvious, the difference between the finish is big too. 

The Silky Balm does make your skin looks matte, but it still reserves some moisture. The product still feels creamy and when touched my finger still slides over the skin, while the Velvet Primer absorbs the oil and make the face matte. 


Overall, I think if you have dry skin, go with the silky balm! And for you oily / combination people, go with the Velvet Primer! Other than that, the pore covering power are both very good and impressive!

For me, I've been enjoying to use the Velvet Primer more because it's summer here - I need more oil free products. Probably I'm going to use the Silky Balm more in colder months when my skin need a boost of moisture!

Thankyou so much for reading - Questions? Leave a comment below I'll get back to you ASAP!



Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart // dayre
xx

12 comments:

  1. reviewnya baguuuss :D naksir semua produk2nya 3ce >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I bought the velvet one! I wonder if that primer will break down my skin since I have dry skin type :(
    Thanks for the review!


    Love always,
    lapetitecoeur.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope! it didn't break my skin out! Currently my skin isn't at its best because of all the bergadang nights D: but it definitely didn't break my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. maacii Nella <3 haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. DIcampur oil kamu kalo engga! >_< hahaha tidur kamu yiiiiii :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your primer is just like marshmellow... ã… ã…  cute!!!! Laper mata aku hahahaha

    Jessicaarifin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha yg kaget itu sizenya kyk apaan very kecil! kaget! hahaha :P iaaa kmrn ga sadar uda malem bgt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOOOL OMG the whole product just came out? i would totally freak out lmao. i would like to try out the velvet one since if there's a product i had to invest, it would be primer. but i cannot really find it here? except in luxola (?) but the shipping is like 90k which i think is waaay too much :<


    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeaayy finally review about this~ i have decided to buy velvet! XD
    Thanks nyi uda meng-compare silky & velvet.hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very helpful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've never heard of this product or brand before, but it looks and sounds amazing!

    p.s. we love the name of your blog

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hii.. i recently just found your blog, finally a blogger with oily skin and korean/asian products! Love reading your in depth reviews. Anyway, I was wondering wether you still like the banila and co primer or you prefer 3ce one?

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey