6/3/14

REVIEW : Candy Doll's Shading Powder

Hello! Finally going to review a Japanese product, FINALLY.

So here's the first one out of the bunch! Candy Doll's Shading Powder! めちゃかわいい!


      BRAND      
Candy Doll

      PRODUCT NAME      
Shading Powder

      type of product      
Powder bronzer / contour

      PRICE      
10 g / JPY 1,380 (without tax)

      sites      
luvlit.jp




(If you're wondering, why do I have a different background, is because I simply took all the products picture and then throw all the packaging away when I'm in Japan. lol)

This bronzer is something that is on my wishlist for a long time. I was kinda expecting the stripes packaging (the old one). I just think that the old one is so much prettier.


But anyway, I like the fact that the product surface is wide. Sometimes, you know when bronzer / shading comes with highlighting / blusher, the product is usually has smaller surface and it's hard for my brush to get the product.

The bronzing powder came in only one shade. I have to go to 2 Matsumoto Kiyoshi (a Japanese drugstore) to find this product. I think this product is available in Korea, but I don't know where to get this in Korea.

A little notes here, this product didn't have any scent any at all :)



The shade has a more yellow tone to it, so it's perfect for my skin tone. I think this is the first time I have a yellow toned bronzer. The pigmentation is buildable, but it's not going to be as dark as you would think. I also found out because of the yellow tone, if I over-blend this product, it made my face looks muddy and somehow dirty.

With my skintone (MAC NC 25), I don't think it could make my jawline look super contoured. I don't think the color is dark enough and strong enough to accentuate my cheek bones - but it's totally ok for daily use (i do wear bronzer daily. ha-ha-ha).

The plus side to that is I could use this to contour my nose too! I usually use my less pigmented bronzer (The Faceshop's Face Blusher in #9 Cinnamon Dream) because I want to contour my nose as natural as possible. I can do both my cheeks and my nose with this one product!


There's a quick swatch to my bronzers and you can see what I mean with 'yellow tone' - you can see it's definitely has yellower tone than the other, some have pink tone and orangey tone. And also you can compare the pigmentations between those 5.

did this in hurry, don't judge me, please :( 


 Cute packaging (the old one though.)
Huge surface
Yellow toned
(Kinda) Buildable
Easy to blend, looks natural


I don't know anywhere else to get this product outside Japan :(
Available in one shade only
No brush included


Overall, this product is just a super slight below my expectation! I still practicing a lot with this to prevent my face to look anywhere muddy or dirty. Nevertheless, I think the product itself is awesome, easy blendable and looks natural! 

I personally have my own contouring brush, but for people that is starting up I think this bronzer will be a hassle because it didn't come with anything, like brush - or mirror. 


Here's my #fotd using the bronzer in my cheek and my nose - looks ok I guess?

Thankyou so much for reading, have a great day everyone! 
xoxo



Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart // dayre
xx

7 comments:

  1. I can see the whole range of tones in those swatches! Great comparison dear! I think it looks great on your nose and cheeks, it's a bit too yellowish for my liking! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog :) mind telling us what you're wearing on your lips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Linda! I was using Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop, my old fave! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try this out but they're never available in Indonesia and they're super expensive too. I don't think I'll be trying this now though since I'm NC20/25 and yellow shades make me look muddy and sickly. Thanks for the review! :)

    carbon-and-diamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aahahhaha I use it very lightly lah! that happened because I use my finger to press and swatch it hahaha it's actually quite ok sih if applied very lightly :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah it does make my face looks dirty if I were in hurry when I apply this! I have to be super careful! D:

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey